[Paraview] ParaView3 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6.1

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Fri Oct 23 09:41:19 EDT 2009

Hi Mike,
		It's good to hear from you again!! :-)

On Oct 23, 2009, at 5:29 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:

> There is another thread on that actually. Look for the subject
> "[Paraview] OSX 10.6, Qt 4.5". Last post was just a few hours ago.

Any idea where I can find a good way to browse the Paraview mailing
list archives, something like Nabble?

VTK is on Nabble, but Paraview isn't so its a bit of a pain,

I've found this thread http://www.mail-archive.com/paraview@paraview.org/msg04434.html

> Basically I think it can be done but you have to watch the compile
> flags as CMake 2.6 has a bug where the -arch i386 is NOT explicitly
> set on the compile command so on OS X 10.6 the default is a 64 bit
> binary which might have issues with previously compiled libraries.

I'm working with a fresh install of OS X 10.6.1. So, I'm going to
default qt-4.5.4 to -arch x86_64 and -cocoa.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson