[Paraview] "Change input" action crashes my ParaView

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:24:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have Paraview3 from CVS. When I want to change the inputs of a filter that
has multiple inputs, I get this message:

   QAbstractItemModel::endRemoveRows:  Invalid index ( 1 , 0 ) in model
pqPipelineModel(0x8fa51c8)

And then ParaView seg-faults. Could someone confirm that this is a bug by
following these basic steps?

- Add a "Sphere" source -> Apply
- Add an "Axes" source -> Apply
- Connect a "Glyph with custom source" to sphere
   -> this will open an "Input editor" dialog with "Sphere" as input and
nothing as source.
   -> Choose "Axes" as source
   -> Ok, Apply
- Normally, you should have axes object at each sphere point (note: default
scale is 0!! have to change in order to see them...)
- Now, entering the bug: right click on "Glyph" in pipeline -> Change input
- "Input editor" dialog is opening: Click on "source" radio button
- Choose "Sphere" in the pipeline -> At this stage I get the QAbstractItem
error message
- Click OK: ParaView ends, seg fault.

I noted this behaviour on WinXP 32, Fedora9-x86_32, Fedora11-x86_32 and
Fedora11-x86_64.
Please note that it could complete the bug #9312 on mantis, since this
append not only when deleting the multiple input filter but also by changing
the inputs...

Thanks,
Jerome