[Paraview] Save Layout, Stream Tracer

Karin .... glada_me at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:15:13 EDT 2009

Thank you for the quick response.

I have now succeeded with generating "Stream Tracer" in my surface.

I used the filter "Stream Tracer with Custom Source"

But first I had to create "Surface Vectors" as input, then a form of source.

I used "Extract Selection" and selected points with the tool from the edit menu.

But is possible to use a probe location as a source? Because that definitely don't work for me.

I mean, every time I add new points into the Extract Selection, my old ones disappears. I can’t select two points far away from each other at the same time.

Of course I can add all the points in the “Selection Inspector” to the Extract Selection, but then I have to remember the index from each point that I want to extract. Is it not possible to just add more points to the ExtractSelection list without erasing the old ones?

I have also tried to make a custom Filter so I don't have to create "Surface Vectors", "Extract Selection" and "Stream Tracer with Custom Source" every time I want a streamline. But then I couldn't change the properties for the points in Extract Selection. The only alternatives is “Preserve Topology” and “Show bounds”.

How can I easily save all my settings without open a new layout every time?

/Carina