[Paraview] Pre-load python macros & toolbar icons?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Nov 11 10:04:02 EST 2009

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the responses. I'll add the icon thing as a feature
request, but I'm interested in figuring out how to add the macros,
either embedded in a plugin or in my custom application code.

If I was doing it as a plugin: building an autostart plugin shouldn't
be a problem, but I don't know how to "programmatically add python
macros" -- do you just use the pqPythonMacroSupervisor somehow...? I
also have never run across the CMake ADD_PYTHON_EXTENSION before. I
see the section in the Plugin_HowTo about Embedding Python Source as
Modules, but I'm not sure what a "python extension" is or what exactly
it does...

If I was adding the macros in my custom application constructor: I
have my macros as .py files, but I'm not clear on what "custom install
rules" are. Can I somehow just use the macro supervisor to add macros
from the files in my constructor? (Oh, I bet you're referring to how
to use CMake to package the .py files afterwards so they tag along
with the libraries, etc, for the app to find them! Yup, I have no idea
how to do that, eitther. :)

So, Pat, if you're willing to give me some pointers (or pointers to
source code) to get me going in the right direction, I'd really
appreciate it!

Thanks again,
-Eric