[Paraview] Problems with Paraview 3.6.1 on cluster (client - server mode)

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 9 11:34:10 EST 2009

By "usual error" do you mean the crash in the GL or pthreads library?  It could be that the environment in the non-master nodes is incorrect.

-Ken

On 11/6/09 9:26 AM, "myaccountmail9 myaccountmail9" <myaccountmail9 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi ken, thanks again.

we recompiled again OSMesa library (only on the master node of our cluster; the libraries file are generated on a shared folder - /home/user/ParaView/Components/lib - visible on each node), then we recompiled Paraview with these libraries (and setting shared libraries=off in ccmake menu); now we are able to connect the client with pvserver provided that pvserver runs only on the master node.

If we run pvserver on two or more nodes with the command:

mpirun -x LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/ParaView/Components/lib -np 2 -machinefile NodesList pvserver --use-offscreen-rendering

we always get the usual error when we try to connect the client with the server

Must X server run on each node? Currently X server is not running on any node (if we execute "pidof X" we obtain nothing) and DISPLAY variable is not set, but we can connect the client with the master node...

Have you any idea? Can you help us?

Thank you very much
Luis