[Paraview] Order of Pipeline execution Question for Custom GUI Panel

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed May 27 09:52:56 EDT 2009

I am creating a Custom Qt Panel for a Plugin that I am writing.
Currently it works "ok" but I would like to add some "polish" to it.
One of the problems is that I would like to fill in some text fields
with values that are not known until the RequestInformation() method
is executed. I am having some trouble getting some values back out of
my custom class (vtkH5RoboMetReader) and into the gui. I can get some
read-only QLabels to fill in but not any text fields that are actually
used for inputs to the filter. (Am I making sense?)

   I have 6 QLineEdits that correspond to the 6 values of a VOI
(integers). They have some default values set in the xml file but
those default values don't really work well. I would like to be able
to  have the RequestInformation() method called (which it is), fill in
the values, and then be able to read those values back out on the GUI
side and fill in the VOI QLineEdits with those values.

  Has anyone done this or something like it?

This is with ParaView from CVS (and 3.4 also).

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net