[Paraview] ParaView Python users please read

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sun May 24 20:24:38 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

As some of you may know, we are working hard on cleaning up and
improving the Python support in ParaView. Towards this goal, I made
many significant changes to ParaView's Python modules. You should take
a look at http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting to see
what the new scripts should now look like. Also, your old scripts that
use the servermanager module will break in 3.6. Until you upgrade your
scripts, you can use the backward compatibility mode. To enable
compatibility with 3.4, you should do the following

import paraview
paraview.compatibility.major = 3
paraview.compatibility.minor = 4

from paraview import servermanager

Make sure to set the compatibility before importing servermanager. If
you run into compatibility issues, please let us know. Also, please
report any bugs and missing features that you encounter (and things
that you don't like).

Best,
-berk