[Paraview] (Fwd) Re: Paraview Ensight Reader

Peter Eckert pte at nexgo.de
Sun May 24 13:52:09 EDT 2009

Hello Ricardo, hello Samuel,

thanks for the ens_checkers!
Unfortunately, I could not get the one for linux to work, because of
a libstdc++.so.5 missing. The windows version gives indeed an error
for my ensight case file (see below), which I do not fully understand
however. Ens_checker is expecting 1395 entries in the variable file
example0002.temp. However, from the geometry file example0002.geo it
should expect 1719. Shouldn't it?
BTW, the checker gives the same error for my case file when I use
"per node" data and these are read in fine in Paraview?

Anything else that I might have wrong in my case files?

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

*  EnSight Data Format Checker                                  *
*  ===========================                                  *
*   Currently,                                                  *
*   1. Must be run from directory in which casefile is located. *
*   2. Handles EnSight6 and EnSight Gold formats only.          *
*   3. Does not process SOS casefiles.                          *
<Version: 1.206>

<Enter casefile name (must be in directory containing it!) >
example.case

Casefile to Process:
--------------------
example.case   (Opened successfully)

---------------------
Major Sections Found:
---------------------
Required FORMAT   section    (at line 1)
Required GEOMETRY section    (at line 4)
Optional VARIABLE section    (at line 8)
Optional TIME     section    (at line 16)

---------------
FORMAT Section:
---------------
EnSight 6 Format   (set at line 2)

-------------
TIME section:
-------------
Info for timeset number: 1
----------------------------
Time set: 1   (at line 17)
   No description provided
   Number of steps:       5   (at line 18)
   Filename start number: 1   (at line 19)
   Filename increment:    1   (at line 20)
   Time values:           (starting on line 21)
                          time values[1] = 379.03
                          time values[2] = 389.02
                          time values[3] = 399.05
                          time values[4] = 409.03
                          time values[5] = 415

  >-------------------<
  > TIME section OKAY <
  >-------------------<

-----------------
GEOMETRY Section:
-----------------

--------
Model filename is:   example****.geo      (at line 5)

   Changing connectivity geometry
   Associated time set is: 1

   --------
   Opened example0001.geo successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1:   Geometry file
   Description 2:
   node ids:        assign
   element ids:     assign

   Global section:
      Number of nodes: 1840
         Coordinates for (1840) nodes found

   Part 1:
      Description is: Cell data
      Unstructured Part
      Number of hexa8 elements in section is: 1395
         Connectivities for (1395) hexa8 elements found

   --------
   Opened example0002.geo successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1:   Geometry file
   Description 2:
   node ids:        assign
   element ids:     assign

   Global section:
      Number of nodes: 2220
         Coordinates for (2220) nodes found

   Part 1:
      Description is: Cell data
      Unstructured Part
      Number of hexa8 elements in section is: 1719
         Connectivities for (1719) hexa8 elements found

   --------
   Opened example0003.geo successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1:   Geometry file
   Description 2:
   node ids:        assign
   element ids:     assign

   Global section:
      Number of nodes: 2600
         Coordinates for (2600) nodes found

   Part 1:
      Description is: Cell data
      Unstructured Part
      Number of hexa8 elements in section is: 2043
         Connectivities for (2043) hexa8 elements found

   --------
   Opened example0004.geo successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1:   Geometry file
   Description 2:
   node ids:        assign
   element ids:     assign

   Global section:
      Number of nodes: 2790
         Coordinates for (2790) nodes found

   Part 1:
      Description is: Cell data
      Unstructured Part
      Number of hexa8 elements in section is: 2205
         Connectivities for (2205) hexa8 elements found

   --------
   Opened example0005.geo successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1:   Geometry file
   Description 2:
   node ids:        assign
   element ids:     assign

   Global section:
      Number of nodes: 2980
         Coordinates for (2980) nodes found

   Part 1:
      Description is: Cell data
      Unstructured Part
      Number of hexa8 elements in section is: 2367
         Connectivities for (2367) hexa8 elements found

--------
Measured filename is:   example****.dpg      (at line 6)

   Changing connectivity geometry
   Associated time set is: 1

   --------
   Opened example0001.dpg successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1: Fuel droplets
   Number of particles: 92
      Particle ids and coords found for 92 nodes

   --------
   Opened example0002.dpg successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1: Fuel droplets
   Number of particles: 0
      Particle ids and coords found for 0 nodes

   --------
   Opened example0003.dpg successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1: Fuel droplets
   Number of particles: 0
      Particle ids and coords found for 0 nodes

   --------
   Opened example0004.dpg successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1: Fuel droplets
   Number of particles: 0
      Particle ids and coords found for 0 nodes

   --------
   Opened example0005.dpg successfully

   File type is:    ASCII
   Description 1: Fuel droplets
   Number of particles: 0
      Particle ids and coords found for 0 nodes

  >-----------------------<
  > GEOMETRY section OKAY <
  >-----------------------<

-----------------
VARIABLE Section:
-----------------

scalar per element:   temp      (at line 9)
   Filename is: example****.temp
   Transient variable
   Associated time set is: 1

   --------
   Opened example0001.temp successfully

   Part 1:
      (1395) Per_element scalar values for hexa8 elements found

   --------
   Opened example0002.temp successfully

   Part 1:

===> Problem:
-------------
Previous lines end with 2 extra chars on the line,
but line 233 has 38 extra chars. The lines must be consistent
or EnSight will have trouble reading it.
|0.90136E+03 0.90671E+03 0.91014E+03 0.91360E+03 0.92050E+03
0.94085E+03
Looking for: (3) numbers per line
             field width of (12) per number

===> Problem:
Not successful reading (1395) per_element scalar values for hexa8
elements