[Paraview] [paraview] using with python to read file VTK in 3.4 and 3.5

BOUSSOIR Jonathan 167706 Jonathan.BOUSSOIR at cea.fr
Wed May 20 06:32:33 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am new to paraview, I am using Linux and Paraview 3.4 or/and 3.5. I have 4 questions (with two themes) when I would like reading a file VTK.

- I have made a sphere (surface) with Paraview and saved in a file .VTK
With python and paraview 3.4, I can read and see the file.
	from paraview.servermanager import *
	connection = servermanager.Connect('localhost')
	reader = servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKFileReader(FileNames='sphere.vtk')
	view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()
	rep = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(reader, view)
	view.ResetCamera()
	view.StillRender()

With paraview 3.5, I can read but not see.
	I have changed "from paraview.servermanager import *" by "from paraview.simple import *"
	and "servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKFileReader" by "servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKreader"

- I have made a wavelet (volume) with Paraview and saved in a file .VTK
With python and paraview 3.4, I can read and can't see.
I have tried to add "rep.Representation = 4" to see with the volume, but I have a error "Cell scalars not supported, Segmentation error" when I excute the line with "view.StillRender()"

With python and paraview 3.5, I had already a error "Segmentation error" when I read the file. And I don't know how I must do to have the representation with volume.

I have done with a file simple to do the examples because I'll have another file VTK to read like that.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Regards,
Jona