[Paraview] Passing a python script parameters

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:33:08 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov>wrote:

>  I have no idea what the problem is.  If you use the “Run Script” button
> to run the LoadMultipleFiles.py file, it creates a LoadMultipleFiles()
> function just like if you used the “from X import Y” command (which,
> incidentally, should also work assuming your python path is correct).  I
> just tried it and it works fine.
>
> -Ken

I see, I didn't realize you could not import files that are not on the
python path (I assumed it would also look in the current directory). You are
also correct that when you "Run script" on a .py file that defines a
function, the function gets defined and can be used normally.

Thanks for the clarification.

Dave