[Paraview] colorbar scaling with legacy VTK files

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at jku.at
Tue May 12 13:16:56 EDT 2009

Hi there
  I have a problem with the 3.4 binary of paraview on an Ubuntu 9.04
installation. When I load a VTK file (legacy format) the range of the
colorbar runs only from 0 to 1 although in the info window of the file
the range of the dataset is given correctly. I simply do not understand
this behavior. I create the files with pyvtk a Python module to write
and read VTK files.
When I read data from an EXODUSII file everything works fine.
Has anyone an idea whats I am doing wrong?

regards
   Eugen Wintersberger
| Dipl. Ing. Eugen Wintersberger           |
| Department of semicondutor physics       |
| University of Linz                       |
| Altenbergerstrasse 69                    |
| A-4040 Linz                              |
| Austria                                  |
| Mobile.: +43 664 3112861                 |
| Tel.: +43 732 2468 9605                  |
| E-Mail.: eugen.wintersberger at jku.at      |
| Skype: eugenwintersberger                |
| ICQ: 214418739, nickname: thot           |