[Paraview] setting graphical window size

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon May 11 08:46:37 EDT 2009

John,

The "Info" properties are information-only properties which are used to get
information about certain ivars from the server. These should never be set
by the client/python script. These are managed by ParaView server manager.

As far as specifying GUI size goes, you have set both GUISize and ViewSize;
GUISize is the size of the entire view including all views in a multiview
layout while view size is the size of each individual view. However it's not
recommended to use these properties through the python shell in the GUI.
(It's totally valid to use them in pvpython or pvbatch). Reason being the
GUI is free to change them whenever it feel like to ensure that layout is
correct.

You say there are issues with legend which depend on actual GUI size, which
is why you are not using the save image with resolution API. Can you attach
a screenshot with the issue you are referring to?

The axes indicators cannot be moved through python. You have to use "View
Settings" (Edit|View Settings) for that.

Utkarsh