[Paraview] default glyph size

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue May 5 12:39:52 EDT 2009

This is bug number 5659.  Frankly, this has been a topic of debate for a while, since the solution is not trivial.

The problem is that ParaView creates a good scale for your glyph, using data from time step 0.  But, at time step 1, the data can be totally different.  For instance, if you use displacement from time step 0, displacement will be very near zero for time step 0, and (relative to time step zero) orders of magnitude larger for time step 1.

The same problem occurs with setting colors for variables, as well as 2d plot scales.

One option is to start using the last time step to create these scales, realizing that this will slow down the initial load times of large data.

Alan