[Paraview] qt 4.5 64-bit mac os x

Chris Kees christopher.e.kees at usace.army.mil
Mon May 4 13:21:34 EDT 2009

Sean,

I was/am using the cvs source (updated this morning). I think the
problem was just that I forgot to apply the VTK-bug-7818-patch.txt. I
appear to have a working 64-bit paraview with a 64-bit python
interpreter running from the build directory now.

The install target still tries to put a stand alone bundle in /
Applications, regardless of the value of CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. If I
set the DESTDIR environment variable, then it tries to put it in
DESTDIR/CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, which means I get something like /opt/
local/opt/local.  Does  anybody know how to properly get a paraview
executable in CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX? I don't really need a  bundle,
just one that uses the libraries and binaries installed in
$CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/paraview-3.5. I suppose I could set
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to ' /' and DESTDIR to /opt/local.

Thanks,
Chris