[Paraview] Two follow-up questions on readers

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Mar 30 09:11:58 EDT 2009

As far as "enumerating files' goes, ParaView does indeed group files
together based on some patterns irrespective of the file extensions.
So it should work fine for *.custom files. One advantage of using a
collection file (such as pvd) over just a raw file series is that it's
possible to specify time values of each timestep. If that's not
important, then I'd look at how the xml for "LegacyVTKFileReader" is
written in Servers/ServerManager/Resources/reader.xml if your reader
doesn't already support reading series of files.

Utkarsh