[Paraview] Creating Append Attributes filter using python

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Mar 25 11:41:06 EDT 2009

Hello,

It looks like you can just give the AppendAttributes filter a list of
inputs:

==================================
from paraview import servermanager
servermanager.Connect()

sph1 = servermanager.sources.SphereSource()
elev = servermanager.filters.ElevationFilter(Input=sph1)

sph2 = servermanager.sources.SphereSource()
ids = servermanager.filters.GenerateIdScalars(Input=sph2)

app = servermanager.filters.AppendAttributes()
app.Input = [elev,ids]

view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()
rep = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(app, view)

rep.ColorAttributeType = 0  # point data
rep.ColorArrayName = 'Ids'  # color by Ids

view.ResetCamera()
view.StillRender()

-Eric

Eric E Monson