[Paraview] vts file format

Rakesh Hammond rakesh.hammond at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:47:20 EST 2009

Hi,

I got my application to write out each file for each block - the file is
written in .vts format and
in total i have 23 blocks = 23 files.  I then wrote a .pvts file to load
everything into Paraview.

Can I view this data as a multiblock data set ?

Another confusion I have is the difference between whole and piece extent.
At the moment, my whole
extent and piece extent is the same within a single vts file - but on the
pvts file, I define the whole extent
and define each source with the correct piece extent.  I think my data is
correctly being displayed by Paraview.

Can some one tell me why we have whole and piece extent within a single
*.vts file?

Thanks,