[Paraview] CellDataToPointData in paraview script

Luc Bordier luc.bordier at sirehna.com
Mon Mar 2 05:06:50 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm starting to use paraview in script mode using pvpython.

I succeeded to load my data and to make a representation of my U
CellData fields using a Cut() filters.
This works fine.

But now I would like to have the magnitude of my U field for PointData
and I'm stuck in the use of CellDataToPointData filter.
The following script only give me a blank field for my Cut() when
passing trough the CellDataToPointData filter.

Surely I forgot something (interpolation, choice of component of field),
but even by looking at the dir() and help() I didn't manage to have my
field interpolated at points and represented in colors.

Thanks for anyone who could give me hints to solve this problem.

python script :

con = servermanager.Connect()
vtkf =
servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKFileReader(FileNames="VTK\\design71_1.vtk")
vtkf.UpdatePipeline()

implicit_functions = servermanager.createModule("implicit_functions")
plane = implicit_functions.Plane()
plane.Origin = [0,0,-0.5]
plane.Normal = [0,0,1]

zcut = servermanager.filters.Cut()
zcut.Input = vtkf
zcut.CutFunction = plane
zcut.ContourValues = [0]
zcut.UpdatePipeline()

pdata = servermanager.filters.CellDataToPointData(Input=zcut)
pdata.UpdatePipeline()

view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()
view.ViewSize = [1440, 900]
rep = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(pdata,view)

lt = servermanager.rendering.PVLookupTable()
rep.LookupTable = lt
rep.ColorAttributType = 0
rep.ColorArrayName = 'U'
lt.RGBPoints = [0, 0, 0, 1, 15.0, 1, 0, 0]
lt.ColorSpace = 1

view.ResetCamera()
camera = view.GetActiveCamera()
camera.SetPosition(0.85, 0, 8.55)
camera.SetFocalPoint(0.85, 0 , -0.5)

view.StillRender()
view.WriteImage("test.png","vtkPNGWriter", 1)

--
_________________________
Luc Bordier
luc.bordier at sirehna.com