[Paraview] Visualize slice thickness?

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Thu Jul 30 15:23:18 EDT 2009

Why this sounds like a great opportunity for the new python macro
feature :-)  You could two scripts, StepForward.py and
StepBackward.py, and add them to the macros toolbar.  Now you'll have
two buttons for stepping forward and backward.  I don't have time
right now to figure out the complete script but it would be something
like...

e = GetActiveSource()
# maybe make sure e.GetVTKClassName() == "vtkExtractGeometry"
e.IntersectWith = "Plane"
planeOrigin = e.IntersectWith.Origin
imageInput = e.Input[0]
e.IntersectWith.Origin = computeNewOrigin(planeOrigin, imageInput)

Then all you need to do is write the computeNewOrigin method that
takes the image, gets the origin, extens, and spacing, and then
computes a new plane origin to step the plane one discreet step
forward or backward.

Pat