[Paraview] CSCS_PointSprite_GUIPlugins fail to load on Win32 (Installer issue ?)

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Thu Jul 23 11:56:41 EDT 2009

Hi Kalle,

You must load the plugin before you load your data.
If your data is already loaded, the new representation will not be
enabled.

Stephane

Stéphane Ploix
EDF R&D
1 avenue du Général de Gaulle
F-92141 Clamart Cedex
Phone : +33 (0)1 47 65 51 10
Email : stephane.ploix 'at' edf.fr

kalle-test at gmx.de
Envoyé par : paraview-bounces at paraview.org
23/07/2009 17:23

paraview at paraview.org
cc

Objet
Re: [Paraview] CSCS_PointSprite_GUIPlugins fail to load on Win32
(Installer issue ?)

Ivo Roghair schrieb:
> The same happens on a linux x86_64 for me, the message is
> QLibrary::load_sys: Cannot load

/home/ivo/Desktop/paraview-3.6.1-Linux-x86_64/bin/plugins/CSCS_PointSprite_GUIPlugin/libCSCS_PointSprite_GUIPlugin.so

> (libCSCS_PointSprite_Rendering.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory)
>
> The plugin needs the file libCSCS_PointSprite_Rendering.so which is not
> there.

Ah, thanks.
This seems to be an installer issue.

I found two additional (missing) libCSCS dlls in the Build directory of
my self compiled Paraview:

CSCS_PointSprite_Rendering.dll and
CSCS_PointSprite_Graphics.dll

copied them to the \bin directory of the 'official' Paraview Release.

The SCSC-PointSprite-plugin dlls load without any error now.

According to the 'Particles via CSV' thread there should happen some
magic in the Display-Tab (or Display Panel):

'After this, load your data, choose Point Sprite for the representation.
In the Display tab, you will have a new PointSprite group box enabled,'

I can't find a 'PointSprite group box' or a 'Point Sprite
representation' selector anywhere.
What I'am doing wrong?

TIA,

Kalle.