[Paraview] periodic data in ParaView

Timm Krüger t.krueger at mpie.de
Thu Jul 2 10:39:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have two vtk files, one containing scalar and vector data on a
rectilinear grid and one for a polygonal mesh (points and cells defining
a closed, triangulated surface). Now I want to color the cells with the
fluid properties. This is possible with the filter "resample with dataset".
However, some of the points are located outside the range of the
rectilinear grid. In my computer simulation, the grid is periodic, i.e.
the fluid properties repeat periodically, and I only save one elementary
cell to the disk. ParaView doesn't know that and assumes that the fluid
properties are zero, whenever I am not inside the elementary cell.
Except for changing the vtk file for the fluid properties, is there any
way to tell ParaView that it should use a periodic representation of the
data?

Thanks,
Timm

--

Timm Krüger
Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung (MPIE)
mail: t.krueger at mpie.de
web: www.mpie.de
-------------------
Further affiliation
-------------------
Interdisciplinary Center for Advanced Materials Simulation (ICAMS)
Scale Bridging Thermodynamic and Kinetic Simulation
Ruhr University Bochum
Stiepeler Str. 129 / 44780 Bochum, Germany
web: www.icams.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

---
Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1
D-40237 Düsseldorf

Handelsregister B 2533
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf