[Paraview] export ParaView session?

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 07:32:20 EST 2009

Hi Jérôme,

Thanks for your answer.
It helps, but the pvsm file stored contains really every ParaView settings.

I am going to study closely its content: do you know if some data are
optional in the sense, if there is no value in the pvsm file, a default
value considered instead by ParaView?
Actually, I'm not interested in most of the data in the pvsm file I saved
because I would like then start from a pvsm file to execute ParaView in
batch, and save the results in vtk xml file for instance.
Thus, the only data which would be kept are nearly all related to the
filters used, and only them. For other settings, defaut values are ok: they
do not actually to be set.
Currently, the only additional important information I see is the increment
at which filters have to be applied.

As I foresee to write then the pvsm file from another application, I would
like to simplify it as much as possible. I have tried "cleaning" the
obtained pvsm file, keeping only the tags related to the filters I have been
using, but it doesn't work well: when loaded back, ParaView hangs on the
screen "Create View" (3D View, 2D View, ...)
I'm gonna do some experiments to see what can be cleaned or not.

I thank you again for your help.
Regards,

Pierre