[Paraview] Handshake failed :: but I'm using exactly the same CVS

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Fri Feb 27 18:26:48 EST 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:

> Is that a debug build? Can you attach with a debugger and step into
> vtkSocketCommunicator::ClientSideHandshake and
> vtkSocketCommunicator::ServerSideHandshake and see where it's failing?
> If it's not a debug build, adding "cout"s at every location where
> these methods return 0 may help.

Hi

  1 - I have "rm -rf ParaView3" before doing the cvs checkout (in both
machines)

  2 - I compile with RELEASE and flags: -O3 -mtune=native

If you so wish I can compile with debug flags and try to check it. The
message appears on both sides (on client machine and server machine)

  I can copy-paste the full message if you warrant so

  I can also start a server here and you can see if you are able to
connect.

  Tell me what you prefer.

  best,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt