[Paraview] vtkCompositeDataSet - memory ?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 20 14:27:43 EST 2009

You can share the points by simply creating one vtkPoints object and then passing those points to all the unstructured grids in your data object.  Then all the blocks will be sharing that data.

Note, however, that ParaView will not actually check that.  Thus it will probably incorrectly count the number of points and the amount of memory the points take up multiple times, one for each block.  Also, if you pass the data through a filter that changes the points, those downstream filters will replicate their point data.

-Ken