[Paraview] remote rendering with paraview

Jim Montine jmontine at sgi.com
Thu Feb 5 17:47:51 EST 2009

So in this case, pvserver is using the hardware GPU to render to an off-screen context?

It must also then be doing a pixel readback before it sends the image to the client?

On my server I have several proceesors and one gfx card.  If I do something like:

mpirun -np 4 pvserver --use-offscree-rendering

will each process create an off-screen rendering conext using the same gfx card?

In this case are the four images read back and combined before they are sent to the client?

Thanks for the answers.