[Paraview] Losing data when clip multi-block

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Feb 4 15:53:54 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm creating a multi-block data set using the group filter and then
clipping it. The results of the clip are always missing one of the
scalars associated with the second data set that I highlighted before
applying the group filter. This only seems to happen if one of the
data sets has multiple scalars or vectors associated with it -- if
they each only have one, nothing is lost in the clip. (ParaView 3.4
and CVS, OS X 10.5.6 and Windows XP 32-bit, no MPI)

I originally saw this with my own data, but I am able to easily
replicate this by creating two point sources. I apply the Elevation
filter to the first. Then, to the second I apply Brownian Vectors,
plus a Calculator that computes the magnitude of those vectors. If I
highlight Elevation and then Calculator, then Group and Clip, I lose
the vector magnitude scalar at the Clip stage. If I highlight the
Calculator and then the Elevation, then Group and Clip, I lose the
elevation scalar.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas about where this could be
coming from.

Thanks a lot,
-Eric