[Paraview] Setup a Tiled-Display on a Windows XP Rendering Cluster

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Mon Dec 7 11:00:34 EST 2009

If you're just running mpi you need to enable your mpi service to interact
with the desktop. You can do this by going into the Services manager
(Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) and going into the
properties of your MPI service (MPICH2 Process Manager, if you're using
MPICH2 from Argonne). On the Log On tab there is a check box "Allow service
to interact with desktop". If you're using HPC server and the HPC Job
Manager there is an environment variable that must be set (which I can dig
up if that is the case).