[Paraview] cpack not adapted yet to branding commit?

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Dec 4 11:46:30 EST 2009

Hi,

I noticed that since Utkarsh branding commit the tar/rpm-packages created by
means of 'make package'/'cpack -G TGZ'/... at the end of a nightly automatic
build are considerably smaller, 30-50% depending on the architecture. In
particular, they do not contain a paraview binary any more, but in the bin
subdirectory merely:

bin/lproj
bin/pvbatch
bin/pvdataserver
bin/pvpython
bin/pvrenderserver
bin/pvserver
bin/smTestDriver

Happens with cmake 2.6.4 and 2.8.0 on 6 different Unix platforms.

ParaView itself builds just fine on these platforms (by now), it's just that the
packaging mechanism seems to be broken. Given that Utkarsh's pre- and
post-branding commit mails on the developer mailing list nor the pdf attachment
listing the internal document
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/index.php/ParaView-based_Applications mentions
changes in the cpack mechanism, can anyone confirm my observation?

Sven