[Paraview] Plugin xml checker?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:38:47 EST 2009

Is there any tool available to "check" an xml file before loading it?
Often when I apply a plugin filter, Paraview simply crashes. It is
always due to an error in my xml file, but I have to go searching for
it manually. Could something be developed to do things like ensure
when you have command="SetUseAutoRadius" that SetUseAutoRadius()
actually exists in the filter? Currently when a plugin fails there is
a lot of guess work and manual hunting that would be nice to replace
by some kind of automatic parser/checker/tester.

Does anyone understand what I mean / agree?

Thanks,

David