[Paraview] Paraview vectorplots

chettkamp at scai.fraunhofer.de chettkamp at scai.fraunhofer.de
Thu Dec 3 05:52:57 EST 2009

Dear Paraviewexperts,

as I'm new to paraview as well as the .vtk-format,
I need to know how my inputfile for a Delaunay2D plot
has to be set up.
As data I only have a list of points in 2D with
vectors applied to them.
That means I have four values for each point:
Two of them describing the offset (x,y) and the other two
describing the direction (dx,dy) of the vector.

So far I've got the following, but something seems to be wrong:

# vtk DataFile Version 3.0
vtk output
ASCII
DATASET UNSTRUCTURED_GRID
POINTS 5433 double
x1 y1
x2 y2
.. ..
.. ..
CELLS 1 4
3 0 1 2
CELL_TYPES 1
5
POINT_DATA 5433
VECTORS Name double
LOOKUP_TABLE default
dx1 dy1
dx2 dy2
.. ..
.. ..

Can you help me change this, so that it works ?
Thank you in advance, I appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Christian Hettkamp