[Paraview] Python: access to point coordinates and cells

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Dec 2 09:50:27 EST 2009

if reader is a vtk class, then use:
reader.GetOutput()

if reader is a paraview proxy AND you are connected to the builtin server,
reader.GetClientSideObject() will return the vtk class, which you can
then cal GetOutput() on.

if reader is a paraview proxy but you are connected to a remote server
then you have to use servermanager.Fetch to aggregate and deliver the
output to the client

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer