[Paraview] Bug in Slice representation or in my XML ?

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Apr 20 04:33:40 EDT 2009

Jérôme wrote:
> Dear list,
> Please find attached an XML that will expose vtkImageGaussianSource and
> vtkImageMagnitude to ParaView
> First of all, vtkImageGaussianSource behaves like it does not produce any
> data :
>    - Add a Gaussian Source to the pipeline,
>    - Apply
>    - Then go to the information panel of the object inspector : No data
> arrays !!

This behavior can be traced back to the fact that the vtkDataArray
allocated in VTK/Filtering/vtkImageData.cxx does not name the array.
ParaView needs all data fields to be named. Adding this single line of
code makes wit work.

scalars->SetName("scalars");

For the rest of your comments concerning slicing and information, I
cannot reproduce any of the symptoms you mentioned. Slice representation
works fine and the Extents are not touched AFAIK.

Jean --
Swiss National Supercomputing Center