[Paraview] How to plot Surface StreamLines

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Tue Apr 14 09:53:59 EDT 2009

Marzio Sala wrote
> you may try to first project the velocity vector on the surface, so
> that the normal components are zero, then compute the *streamlines*
> using this velocity field. I did this with a velocity field which was
> defined as a cell data, and the results are good (at least in my
> case...).

Hi Marzio

But is not it the purpose of the "Surface Vectors" filter that should be
applied to the input vector field before calling the Custom
StreamTracer? I don't know what this filter exactly does.
As I said to Berk in my last mail, my velocity field coming from Euler
computations was supposed to be tangent to the surface, but it has been
interpolated to the grid's nodes, so it's not cell data, and the quality
of the surface grid seems to be very important. Maybe I would try later
with some clean cell data.

Best regards.

--
 Richard GRENON