[Paraview] 32b vs 64b and Binary vs Ascii

Philippe David pdavid at scconsultants.com
Tue Apr 7 05:14:09 EDT 2009

we face non recurrent problem trying to read .vtu files containing
Velocity vectors.
Paraview 3.4.0 replies with "...dataArray may be too short"  in some
conditions.

the vtu are written under Linux 64 :
if reading whose vtu with client "windows 32" and server "linux 64" we
quite often have the message "...dataArray may be too short" from
Paraview 3.4.0. The same vtu file read locally under windows 32 is Ok.
Time to Time it is vice versa : the problem occurs under windows 32 and
run correctly under client/server.
If we mask the velocity field at loading it is working.

-Ascii mode sounds more secure even though it is not working 100% of the
cases.
-Finally, different vtu from a same run (at different time step) behave
differentely.

thanks to anybody having encountered those type of problem or who may
have some suggestions.

--
Philippe DAVID