[Paraview] Multi-block(zone) data: which is best file format for Paraview?

szaghi at infinito.it szaghi at infinito.it
Thu Apr 2 02:25:40 EDT 2009

Hi all,

for a structured, multiblock CFD data which is the best Paraview-readable
file format? I need an equivalent multi-zone Tecplot file. At today I save
each block of the CFD data set in separate .vts file:

block-01.vts
block-02.vts
block-03.vts
block-04.vts
block-05.vts
with a large number of blocks this way is very boring: Paraview reads the
sequence of vts as a temporal sequence, thus I must to load each block
manually (I think that I can edit a Paraview-state file, but it is also
boring).
I need a single multi-block(zone) file. Any suggestions?

My best regards,
Stefano