[Paraview] Interaction between customized ObjectPanel and Model Display

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 30 15:10:25 EDT 2008

I believe you can access the VTK object(s) indirectly with the vtkSMProxy
object returned from pqLoadedFormObjectPanel::proxy().  In general, your
object panels will not have direct access to the VTK objects they control
(that is, you cannot get pointers to the VTK objects) because they are
frequently not on the same process as the GUI.

-Ken

On 9/30/08 9:52 AM, "Rafael March" <rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'm programming a plugin that has a customized ObjectPanel, which I'm
> designing with QT Designer. I am able to include Widgets and link them with
> the ServerManager Properties. Everything works just fine.
>
> I was just wondering, how could I interact with my model WITHOUT hitting the
> "apply" button. In my case, for instance, I have a comboBox which enumerates a
> list of integer values. It would be really nice, if when I choose a number, I
> could get the cells which have this value as a scalar property selected, or
> just colored in a different manner. I mean automatically, without having to
> hit the "apply" button of the filter to process the state of the comboBox.
>
> How can I do this? I can't see a connection between my customized panel class
> (which contains QT code and extends pqLoadedFormObjectPanel) and my filter
> class.
>
> Thanks,
> Rafael March.

   ****      Kenneth Moreland