[Paraview] Time-Varying Input Sources

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:38:53 EDT 2008

I've written a VTK File Reader that supports multiple timesteps (48 in my
tests).  But when I load the data, it shows me no timestep data in the
properties panel, and the time increment thing at the top toolbar is greyed
out.  However, if I use the Animation tools to animate from timestep0 to 47
in 48 steps, it properly animates through time.

What am I doing wrong?  My RequestInformation (where I think this
information comes from) is shown below:

int vtkAdhfaNetwork::RequestInformation(
  vtkInformation* reqInfo,
  vtkInformationVector** inVector,
  vtkInformationVector* outVector
  )
{
  if(!this->Superclass::RequestInformation(reqInfo,inVector,outVector))
    {
    return 0;
    }

  vtkInformation *info=outVector->GetInformationObject(0);
  double tRange[2];
  tRange[0] = this->Steps[0];
  tRange[1] = this->Steps[this->NumSteps-1];
  info->Set(
    vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_RANGE(),
    tRange,
    2);
  info->Set(
    vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS(),
    this->Steps,
    this->NumSteps);
  return 1;
}