[Paraview] Off topic : Multiple Graphics cards (display:0 display:1) on windows

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Sep 29 09:49:54 EDT 2008

As you have guessed, we have run pvserver on nodes with quad cores and dual
GPUs under Linux and got it working fine.  I don't think many people use
windows boxes for pvserver nodes (and I would personally discourage it in
general), so you might be on your own here.  Is it possible to have one
process create a window that spans the display of both graphics cards and
have the rest render offscreen?

I don't see the WGL_NV_gpu_affinity extension in the OpenGL extensions
registry, so it will probably be a while before it becomes available in
vtkgl/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.  That's another stumbling block.

Sorry I don't have anything more constructive.

-Ken