[Paraview] Active Stereo

Patrick Shinpaugh shpatric at vt.edu
Fri Sep 26 15:41:31 EDT 2008

ParaView3.x.x/VTK/Rendering/vtkRenderWindow.cxx and change the line
starting with this->StereoType to

this->StereoType = VTK_STEREO_CRYSTAL_EYES;

Under some circumstances (mirrors and projector orientation) the stereo
will be reversed. If so, you will need to modify the
ParaView3.x.x/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLCamera.cxx

I agree that it would be better as a simple configuration option - you
might wish to add a feature request through their bug report system.

Rick Angelini(CISD/CIV) wrote:
> What's the current method to implement active stereo in Paraview
> (3.2.x or 3.4.x)? I don't see any configuration option through ccmake,
> and an archive search points to a variety of different source file
> modifications, none of which seem to be consistent or current.
>
> I'm a bit surprised that this is not a more easily configured option
> at compile time (or that multiple methods are supported).

Patrick Shinpaugh
Virginia Tech
UVAG System Administrator/Programmer
540-231-2054