[Paraview] Unstructured Grids

christopher mccabe mccabec67 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 05:18:37 EDT 2008

Hi

I am new to using Paraview and would like some assistance if possible.  I am researching particle dynamics and need to create files for unstructured grids. For the moment as I have just started all I have are particle locations, but I will later require several physcial variables for view.

So I have a problem in which X number of particles are initially static and after an initial shock the particles dissipate. I would like to view the simulation of this by a Paraview animation of the particle locations recorded at fixed time intervals.

What do I need to write in the vtk file for this , and why?

I am using Paraview 3.2.2

Thanks in advance

Chris