[Paraview] Filter with Personalized "Properties" tab

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 18 10:48:32 EDT 2008

You can customize the GUI somewhat by modifying the server manager XML that
describes your filter.  For example, you can create a combo box in the GUI
by adding an EnumerationDomain to an IntVectorProperty or you could create a
checkbox by adding a BooleanDomain.

You can also create your own properties panel using Qt code.  The wiki page
on ParaView plugins has a simple example of customizing the auto-generated
panel.  You can provide even more customization (for example, by using your
own panel created in Qt Designer) by subclassing either pqNamedObjectPanel
or pqObjectPanel.

-Ken

On 9/18/08 8:28 AM, "Rafael March" <rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have my own filter running well in Paraview. I would like to extend it to
> enable adding  scalar or vector properties, as well as changing existing data
> of nodes and cells. I would like to implement this feature through a
> customized GUI, like buttons, combo boxes and so on in the properties tab of
> the filter.
>
> How can I access and modify this tab ? Should I do it inside my filters code ?
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks all,
> Rafael March.

   ****      Kenneth Moreland