[Paraview] displaying a set of colored points

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Sep 18 09:17:29 EDT 2008

There seems to be a bug in the VRML importer. The colors are not
coming in properly. If they did, all you had to do is to uncheck the
Map Scalars option on the display page for ParaView to display the RGB
colors.

The easiest thing to do is probably write a legacy VTK file that
contains a polydata with vertices. It would look like the following.
Make sure to uncheck Map Scalars after loading this.

# vtk DataFile Version 3.0
vtk output
ASCII
DATASET POLYDATA