[Paraview] filter as plugin

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:29:11 EDT 2008

Hi!
I want to add my new filter as a plugin to paraview so I can debug it and do not need to build paraview new when I change something in the source.
I did the following:

I placed my source code vktHorizontalAverage.h, vtkHorizontalAverage.cxx in the directory
C:\ParaviewSource\ParaView3\Plugins

I added a HorizontalAverageServerManagerXML.xml file which looks like this:
<ServerManagerConfiguration>
 <ProxyGroup name="filters">
       <SourceProxy name="HorizontalAverage" class="vtkHorizontalAverage" label="Horizontal Average">
    <Documentation>
    This filter subtracts the horizontal average of the values on each point of the grid so that disturbances are seen more easily.
    </Documentation>
    <InputProperty name="Input"
           command="SetInputConnection">
       <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
         <Group name="sources"/>
         <Group name="filters"/>
       </ProxyGroupDomain>
       <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
         <DataType value="vtkDataSet"/>
       </DataTypeDomain>
    </InputProperty>
    </SourceProxy>
 </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

and I added to the CMakeLists.txt - file the following lines:
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
  ${VTK_INCLUDE_DIR}
  ${PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_DIRS}
)

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(HorizontalAverage "1.0"
  SERVER_MANAGER_XML HorizontalAverageServerManagerXML.xml
  SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkHorizontalAverage.cxx)

Well, everything compiled neatly and linked, but when I start Paraview, in the menu Filters/Alphabetical there is no button for my filter as there should be..

Do you know what I got wrong?

thx,
NH