[Paraview] Getting original node's id's

Rafael March rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 09:59:50 EDT 2008

Hey Paraview Community,

I have a filter that receives an UnstructuredGrid as input, and associates an integer number (according to some rule, of course) to each Point of the mesh. So, I can use the Threshold filter to separate a piece of my model from the rest (for instance, I can filter my model in order to show only the nodes whose integer number is 6). The problem is, when I use this filter, Paraview atributtes new id's to the nodes. I would like to maintain the original numbers !

Does anybody know how to solve this problem ? I thought that I might store the point's memory address so that I can walk through the pipeline later and recover the id, but I don't think Paraview maintain these addresses either.

Thanks in advance.

Rafael March.