[Paraview] Getting values from a saved state with a script

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Fri Sep 12 20:11:47 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have set up paraview so that it does some calculations and displays
the result in a spreadsheet.  I can save the state and then load it in
a script with LoadState().  I know how to save images of the 3D views
with GetRenderView().WriteImage.  But I have not figured out how to
get the data from the spreadsheet.  Ideally, I would be like to have
the script print out a number, although it would be fine to just save
an image of the spreadsheet.

I tried getting the list of proxies with

  paraview.servermanager.pyProxyManager().GetProxiesOnOcnnection(paraview.servermanager.ActiveConnection)

I can get a SpreadSheetView object and SpreadSheetRepresentation
objects, but I do not know what to do with them.  I just can't manage
to get numbers out.  I am sure there is a way to do it, but I am a bit
stumped right now.

I have also tried using the dump script posted at

  http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2007-July/005427.html

but it did not work.

I am using version 3.2.1, although I also have 3.0.2 and 3.3.1 available.

Thanks,
Walter Landry
walter at geodynamics.org