[Paraview] slow rendering speed

Biao She shebiao at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:02:54 EDT 2008

Hi Ken. Thanks for reply again.I have tried this command, but the error is
still the same: "DISPLAY is not accessible on the server side".
In the wiki, there are three things to do with X Connections:

   1. Have xdm run on each cluster node at startup. Although xdm is almost
   always run at startup on workstation installations, it is not as commonplace
   to be run on cluster nodes. Talk to your system administrators for help in
   setting this up.
   2. Disable all security on the X server. That is, allow any process to
   open a window on the x server without having to log in. Again, talk to your
   system administrators for help.
   3. Make sure each process is run with the DISPLAY environment variable
   set to localhost:0 (or just :0).

I have talked to system administrator about the first two things. The guy
said that both are ok on the cluster, but he isn't 100 percent sure about
the second thing. I try to run the glxgeasr program but it doesn't work. The
error I got is "couldn't open display '(null)' "
Could the problem result from the first two configurations? What do you
think?

Thanks,

Aaron