[Paraview] slow rendering speed

Biao She shebiao at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:32:29 EDT 2008

Thanks your help again, Ken.
You figure out my problem. I indeed connect to localhost:10.0. I am a newbie
of Linux and ssh, I don't know how to connect to localhost:0.0 instead of
10.0. After I ssh to the cluster, the DISPLAY automatically set to
localhost:10.0. I use "/usr/bin/env DISPLAY=localhost:0" command to set it
back. Then, when I try to connect to the paraview server, I get an error
like this "DISPLAY is not accessible on the server side".
I know that if I start pvserver from the cluster directly, the DISPLAY is
localhost:0, but the cluster doesn't have any keyboard and monitor.
How can I connect to localhost:0 remotely?
Thanks!

Aaron