[Paraview] slow rendering speed

Biao She shebiao at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:24:15 EDT 2008

Hi there. I use the client/server mode of paraview to render a small
data(about 4M), but the speed is very slow.
Below is how I do it:
I first ssh to the cluster and start the pvserver by this command: mpirun
-np 4 ./pvserver. The cluster is SGI Altix 4000. The operating system on the
cluster is SUSe linux, 64 bits system.
Then, I launch the paraview client on my local windows computer. After the
client connected to the server, there are two types of errors:
1. Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display "localhost:10.0"
2. unaligned access to 0x600000000197a1bc, ip=0x2000000003568e0
Paraview works regardless of these errors, but the problem is that the
rendering speed is way too slow.
I am wondering what could cause the slow down? Maybe the paraview doesn't
use GPU on the clusters at all? How could I tell if the paraveiw use GPU or
not?
Or the unaligned access slow down the speed? These errors keep on repeating
whenever I change the viewplane.
I have stalled by this problem for days, any idea would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron