[Paraview] CTH Reader/Parts extract problem

Rick Angelini(CISD/CIV) angel at arl.army.mil
Tue Sep 9 12:29:00 EDT 2008

I have a CTH 8.1 dataset that I'm loading up using a development version
of Paraview.     When I load up the data and use the "Extract CTH Parts"
filter, everything seems to work fine with the exception of some
unexpected holes in the resulting geometry.       Due to the shape of
the holes, I'd say that it looks like Paraview is not collecting all of
the extracted features from the servers.      I have a build from the
CVS repository from April that works fine - but the builds I have from
August CVS downloads have the missing geometry/holes.

So, at this point, I don't know if it a problem with the CTH reader, the
"Extract CTH Parts" filter, or some oddity of OpenMPI that I built against.

Just to verify that the data itself is OK, I've done a couple of tests:
- if I load up the data running only 1 pvserver, the geometry looks
fine, although quite slow to load!  8-)
- if I create a slice through the original geometry on the at the same
location as one of the holes, the resulting clip plane is correct.

Any recent changes to either the CTH reader or CTH part extract function
that might explain this?