[Paraview] Paraview for FLUENT Postprocessing

Bastil2001 at yahoo.de Bastil2001 at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 7 04:34:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

I tried Paraview 3.3.1 for postprocessing of FLUENT runs and I am quite
happy with the tool. Nevertheless, I have some questions an comments:

   * Import of *.cas works for smaller cases but only fluids and no
     face zones are imported. The names of the fluids get lost.
     Separation of the input into individual fluids can be done by
     "Extract Block" Filter
   * An alternative might be Ensight-Format. It contains all zones
     (fluids and surface). Once more "Extract Block" extracts a zone.
     It would be helpful if all blocks could be splitted into
     individual zones at once. It would be very nice if names from
     multipart data could be kept in PV. As soon as I try to import
     some data from Ensight except meshes Paraview crashes.
   * I am not sure how to save mutiparts best for later use. I tried
     multibody vtk but names got lost as well as individuell PV-Parts

Maybe someone out there finds me comments helpful or has some additional
hints or answers to my open questions.

Basti